Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Don't Have Time for This Activity Part II

I win. :) At least, I think I did.

As expected, they called again today. I pushed the number for "not available." At that point the automated system identified itself and gave the reference number to the account. When I called back, it took me twice to navigate the automated system. Eventually I got to a rep, and found out two things:

1. Their automated system doesn't seem to be able to pronounce names. The machine said they were looking for"Tracielle," but they were actually looking for "Tracey." OK, still not me. My name is Kristina, in case you missed it.

2. I may have prepared for nothing. They did not ask for my social security number or any other identification. I merely gave the rep my name and said the person they are looking for is not at my number. Simple enough.

Really, I feel kind of bad that I thought I was really going to have to fight with them to remove my number. That doesn't seem to be the case. Unless, of course, they call again tomorrow, but I don't see why they would.

1 comment:

2forgetful said...

I've had my cell phone number for 9 years now and I still get random "Hi is Joe there?" to which I reply "sorry, wrong number." Then five seconds later they call back and ask for Joe. Annoying. I've never been *lucky* enough to receive a collections call though.

Glad to hear it worked out okay for you!