Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Don't Have Time for This Activity Part I

I Don't Have Time for This Activity: noun. Any activity that is ridiculous, frustrating, and that you really don't have time for as a parent.

So, a few days ago I received a call on my cell phone. It was one of those automated dealies and I hung up without listening to the message. It is my experience that automessages=salespeople. The next day I received a call from the same number. I listened to the message this time, and found that it was a message for a specific person that I didn't know. The options were to accept that I am this person, that the person needs a minute to come to the phone, or that the person was unavailable. Well...none of the above. I hung up.

So I wondered to myself, who is calling me? I made friends with Google and found that they are a debt collections agency. Great. I've heard really nasty stories about collections agencies that won't believe you aren't who they think you are and will accuse you of all sorts of things.

So, I am prepared for battle. The Google guru revealed to me that this company isn't the easiest to deal with. I wrote out what I want to say (politely, of course) if they call for a 3rd day in a row. I will tell them that I am not this person. If they want my ssn# or dob, I won't give it. I say this because others who have dealt with this company have said they want that information to verify who you are. Sorry, no dice here. Not giving that to a stranger over the phone.

In short, I've researched what I am supposed to do, and am prepared if they want to argue. Bring it on, baby.

No comments: