Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Momare

Momare: noun. A dream that shows even when asleep, a mom is still a mom.

As I lay sleeping last night, I dreamed there was a plate of cookies on the table. The cookies were meant for someone specific. Then I dreamed that someone who they were not meant for was reaching for the cookies. (Was it a child or a short adult? Not sure.) Anyway, in the dream I reached out and slapped the person's hand to get them away from the cookies.

Meanwhile, back in reality, I really had reached out in my sleep just as I did in the dream. Oh, yes, I reached out... and slapped Husband squarely on the forehead.

The contact woke both of us up. I woke up apologizing (though I wasn't awake enough to know why), and he woke up yelling incomprehensibly. Then we both woke up enough to laugh about it, and I told him to leave the cookies alone next time.

4 comments:

Rebecka Jeffs said...

LOL, I do things like that all the time!

The scary ones are when I'm trying to run from someone and jump out of bed screaming and run around the house and not wake up till I turn on a light. It's worse when hubby trys to wake me up.

One time I was dreaming about petting a dog and my husband grabbed my hand I thought the dog had bitten me so I jumped out of bed screaming and he still had a hold of my hand, I finally broke loose and ran to open the door and didn't wake up till he said my name.

We laugh about it but I'm glad it doesn't happen all the time.

Julia said...

That is funny. My husband is the one always swatting me in his sleep or shall I just say his arm whacks me inadvertently. LOL. ;)

Anonymous said...

Too Funny! I am loving reading your blog posts!

Kristina said...

Thanks, Jess!