Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Preschool Normal

Preschool Normal: noun. Any event or thought that an adult would find strange, but a preschooler takes in stride as merely part of the world.

So, Monkey Son #1 ran up to me and said, "I saw a big head."

"You saw a big head?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Where?"

"Under your bed."

"Show me," I said.

He led me to my bedroom and pointed to the foot of my bed. As some very scary images went through my mind, I bent down to have a look. I saw movement and suddenly there were two very large and very real eyes looking back at me. I about jumped out of my skin.

That stupid dog! And stupid me for not figuring that it was the dog from the start! And what a silly little Monkey Boy, as I'm sure he didn't think telling me that there was a head under my bed would be cause for alarm.

No comments: