Monday, June 30, 2008

Half-sense Question

Half-sense Question: noun. A question asked by a child that seems perfectly logical to them, but odd and possibly random by adults.

The other day, Monkey Son #1 asked me an unusual question. I'm not sure where it came from, but if I had to guess, it was probably a combination of Husband being outside where there are birds, and the occasional wasp we find in the house. I told Monkey Son #1 to leave wasps alone, since they sting, but I have since been corrected by Husband, who claims they actually bite.

Monkey Son #1: Do birds zing?

Mommy: Do they what?

Monkey Son #1: Do they zing?

Mommy: Oh, do they sing? Yes, sort of.

Monkey Son #1: No, do they zing?

Mommy: Do they sting?

Monkey Son #1: Yes.

Mommy:. ...No. Birds don't sting.

Of course, to him, this was a very legitimate question. Maybe it was concern for Husband. I'd like to think that is what it was.

No comments: