Friday, January 4, 2013

Hey, Momtionary, where ya been?

I know I said I was going to be back more often, but I kind of...well, things fell apart.  Here's a few things you missed.

~Little Viking starts kindergarten this coming year.  He will have just turned six before the start of school.  We didn't put him in this year because the maturity wasn't there.  However, he does know all his colors/shapes/numbers and all that Kindergarten stuff, in addition to being able to read a little bit and does simple addition and subtraction in his head.  Unfortunately, most of what he's learning right now isn't touched on until 1st grade, so he'll likely be bored out of his skull in Kindergarten.  I should probably apologize to his teacher in advance, although honestly, I don't know that I care to.  I'm still mad about going through a long stretch of dealing with nonsense from Philosopher Child's teachers who were sure there was something wrong with him.  That changed after his IQ was tested and he was found to be...well...ok, he's a genius.  And geniuses, my friends, are always odd ducks.

~The washing machine broke.  We had to go get a new one and ended up buying a model with good reviews that plays music at the end of each cycle.  Did you catch that?  The washing machine freaking sings to me.  Darn right it does.

~I had an epic falling out with a family member that caused a lot of pain.  However, since it wasn't the first time this person has behaved this way towards me, I've decided that with forgiveness and prayer to just let it go.

~I've been journaling like crazy.

~I've been making major efforts to get my headaches and anxiety under control.  I have good days and bad days.

~Husband and I have been gardening like crazy.  We've had a good sized garden for the past 3 growing seasons.  Fortunately, we have a spring growing season AND a fall growing season here.  Currently out there is a huge variety of salad greens, a ton of tomatoes, some peppers, white and brown onions, a few variety of carrots, beets, broccoli, herbs, and...huh.  I know I'm forgetting something.  Anyway, there's a ton of veggies out there.

~I'm on the board of the school PTO, but I won't be staying there next year.  Too much drama and I don't agree with some of their decisions.  Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it other than step down, which I'll be doing.

And that's what I've been up to.

No comments: