Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Project aghastness

First of all, I haven't been here since January??? Seriously? Ok, my fault. Completely and utterly so. But there has been lots going on around here. Husband and I learned how to make jam. We planted what *started* as a really tiny garden that has boomed and now takes up way more space than I planned. But it's a good thing.
See that? That's a baby cherry tomato. And it seems like it is taking for.ev.er. But, anyway...

Project Aghastness: noun. The feeling of utter astonishment when your child takes on a seemingly impossible project and causes it to actually work.

All unattended cardboard belongs to Philosopher Child. He makes planes and cuts holes and such. Half the time I really don't know what he's working on. But this week's project really takes the cake.

He made a boomerang.

Out of cardboard.

And it worked.

Seriously.

I stood out in the yard and watched him throw it. And I kid you not, that thing came back to him. Really. It happened. I expected it to just sail away, especially when he told me that it particularly comes back if you throw it straight up. However, as I stood there and watched him throw it in a direction that was most certainly NOT straight up, and then watched it arch back to him, I was stunned. Totally stunned.

Husband told me that Philosopher Child had patiently bent parts this way and that until it finally worked.

As a mom, I'm so proud. And shocked. But mostly proud.

1 comment:

Healthy Thief said...

I enjoyed every page on your blog. Your articles are just amazing.
If you have spare time and looking for a great site for physical exercise and about diet. Visit the site, name is Diet for Health. This site can be useful to you, your family and friend’s. Don’t forget to visit the site. Thanks again for your post. Waiting for your future Posts as well.