Thursday, February 4, 2010

Momliment

Momliment: noun. A compliment specifically for moms.

You know the ones I'm talking about. "You're baby is so cute!" or, "Look how good s/he is being!" Recently I started to got Momliments on Philosopher Child's reading ability.

But tonight, my friends, was the most hilarious momliment ever. A man came to the door and I foolishly answered it, thinking it was my neighbor. Well, the man on the other side told me he was doing a power usage survey. And then it happened.

He asked me if my parents were home.

Dumbfounded, I replied, "I am the parent."

He was just as confused. "Oh. I...you don't look...OK..."

I'm going to be laughing about this for a long, long time.

3 comments:

Mummy Nana said...

LOL

Hi
http://mummynana.blogspot.com/

Laci Jo said...

i know how you feel, i'm 26 but i look like i'm 18, and my voice is more like 12 :) but seriously one time i answered the phone and a telemarketer asked if my mom was home and I said I AM mom, he was so embaressed and he nervously said "lets just keep this between US" lol, i definitely take it as a compliment, it bodes well for me when i finally hit "old age" :)

Laci

btw, love your blog, i am definitely following you now :)

Kristina said...

Thanks, Laci! I did take it as a compliment, although I thought it was hilarious. Did I mention this was right before my birthday? That made turning a year older just a bit better. I guess all those times that people mistook me for being younger than I actually was when I was a teen is paying off. :) Thanks for following!